Wed, Jan 06|
Dare To Lead: Exclusive for BFS-ERG Members
Time & Location
Jan 06, 2021, 9:00 AM
About the event
Rose Markey, Sr. Learning & Development Consultant and Certified Dare to Lead Facilitator, will be offering the Dare to Lead program to the Black Faculty & Staff ERG. We want to make sure you have all the information you need to make the commitment needed to participate fully. Please read everything below and register via the link provided at the top and bottom of this email.
- The program will consist of 24 hours of facilitated instruction. January 6, 13, 20, and 27 from 9am – 4pm (breaks are included).
- The program will be delivered remotely via the Zoom platform.Asynchronous learning will be incorporated – you will have access to all program videos of Brené Brown explaining the concepts and providing examples. These videos will be available for viewing at your individual pace throughout the program and will be shown during the program. Episodes of Brené’s Unlocking Us and Dare to Lead podcasts will be suggested to deepen the learning when appropriate to curriculum topics. Prework assessments, taking approximately 60 minutes in total to complete, will be assigned prior to the start of the cohort.
- Dare To Lead Book- Reading the book is not a requirement of this program but it does help with the processing of the research and content. Please consider reading the book and attending the program with questions or ideas you would like to share and discuss with others.Investigate if your department will purchase the book for the collective team or reimburse individuals for the expense. You can order the book through the UVA Bookstore (be sure to state that you would like to “order” the book as they do not have them in stock). The book is also available in hardcover or paperback via retailers such as Amazon, Target, Barnes and Noble to name a few. You can also purchase the book in audio format.
- Dare To Lead Workbook (70 pages) – we will use this extensively throughout the program and you will likely refer to it post program.Workbooks will be available for in-person pick up prior to the start of a program (details forthcoming once you enroll) Those who do not pick up a workbook will be expected to print the workbook on their own (home or office printer) prior to program start Workbooks will not be mailed to homes or interoffice locations
- Your commitment to attending this program by all enrolled team members is paramountThis is a recurring time commitment. Please take that into consideration before committing to a schedule. You must attend and participate in all 24 hours of instruction to receive a Dare To Lead trained badge for LinkedIn and receive credit in your learning transcripts. When participating in the program find a space that has limited interruptions. This program is unlike any other leadership development program – you will think, do, and feel. Programs with less than 10 participants at the start will be cancelled.
- Examine your commitment – be honest with yourself
- Consult your calendar and your supervisor
- Register by December 11
Prior to the start of the program Rose will send registrants a recurring calendar invite with all the information needed to successfully participate. We hope you will consider taking advantage of this opportunity.